Reporting a Missed Pick-up
To report a missed pick-up of garbage or recycling please call 412-343-3400, 8:30 am - 5 pm. You can also submit an electronic request on myLebo.
Mt. Lebanon provides weekly trash and garbage collection. Here are the guidelines:
- Place all containers at curbside by 6 a.m. on your pick-up day.
- Secure garbage in containers that weigh no more than 50 pounds. Items to be recycled must be in containers with the Mt. Lebanon recycling sticker on the outside.
- Bag your grass clippings and place them with your regular trash, not in the gutter. Grass clipping placed in the gutters can end up in storm sewers, causing backups during heavy rains. Bags should not weight more than 50 pounds.
- Hedge cuttings, limbs and branches - PA Act 101 prohibits these materials from inclusion in the waste stream, and recommends that they be composted. The waste hauler has been instructed not pick it up so don't set it out with your garbage and instead take it to the drop-off at the Mt. Lebanon Golf Course, on the first Saturday of the month, April through October. Call us with questions at (412) 343-3403.
- Empty paint cans and/or dried paint may be placed at curbside. Paint can be air-dried or soaked up with newspaper or kitty litter. The collector will not accept paint cans with lids on.
- Furniture, appliances, household goods and disassembled children's swing sets will be accepted at curbside. Swing sets must be bundled and tied in four foot lengths and should not exceed 40 pounds per bundle. Carpets should be tied and bundled in lengths not to exceed 48 inches so that one man can lift.
- The contractor will collect such items as refrigerators, freezers, air conditioners, dehumidifiers and water coolers only if the item has a sticker certifying that the refrigerant has been removed. Items that do not have the sticker will not be picked up because it is unlawful for the contractor to dispose of anything containing refrigerant. For a list of companies that remove refrigerant, call the public works department at (412) 343-3403. To avoid paying refrigerant removal costs, it is suggested that residents have the company delivering the new appliance dispose of the old appliance. Appliance Warehouse collects items with Freon. Call (888) GO FREON / (888) 463-7366.
- The contractor will not pickup construction debris.
Backyard Collection Service
Republic Services will provide backyard collection service for a fee. This service is limited to four cans of general household refuse plus recycling containers. Grass clippings, tree limbs, furniture and appliances, etc., will be picked up at the curb only. Residents may request backyard service directly from our contractor.
Items Not Allowed
The following items will not be picked up:
- Ashes from furnaces
- Automobile parts including tires
- Liquid paint
- Electronics, Televisions - any electronic device
The municipality provides pick-up for leaves. Building materials may be picked up for a fee by our contractor.
After a holiday falling Monday through Friday, pick-up for the rest of the week will be one day later than the usual day. Observed holidays are:
- New Years Day
- Memorial Day
- 4th of July
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
If a holiday falls on the weekend, the week's pick-up will follow its regular schedule.
go to top
If you have questions, call Mt. Lebanon’s Public Works Department at (412) 343-3403.
Mt. Lebanon’s Trash/Recycling Hauler
go to top